Lactation Tea Recipe
3 tablespoons of dried Fenugreek
3 tablespoons of dried Goat’s Rue
1 tablespoon of dried nettle OR alfalfa
2 cups of spring or purified water
Depending on how many cups of this you want to consume throughout the day, follow the ratio below. For the smoothie we will need only 2 cups of water.
Ratio: 2 tablespoons of dried herb: 1 cup water
1. Using a pot, add the 2 cups of water and bring to a boil.
2. Add your dried herbs and cover the pot. Using a lid is the most important step, this allows all the medicinal properties of the herbs to stay in the pot instead of it evaporating.
3. Once herbs have been added, lower the heat to a simmer for 10-15 minutes. After simmering, allow the water to cool down with the cover still on.
4. When the water is completely cooled down, move the tea to glass jar with a lid and leave for overnight. In the morning, strain the water into the blender to prepare your delicious and nutritious breastmilk boosting smoothie.
Lactation Smoothie Recipe
2 cups of your lactation tea
1 cup of spinach
½ cup berries (fresh or frozen)
1 banana OR 2 pitted dates
1 scoop of clean protein (Garden of Life OR Genuine Health Organic Fermented Protein)
½ cup of GF oats
1 scoop of favourite collagen (optional)
Directions: Blend all ingredients for 30 seconds. Serve and enjoy!
SuperFood Fertility Balls
These Superfood Fertility Balls are delicious and full of fertility foods nutrients.
1. Add all ingredients to food processor or high power blender. Blend until crumbly
2. Roll into 1 inch ball. If mixture if not rolling into balls easily add a small amount of water
* Keep Refrigerated
Maca Root is an adaptogen, meaning it helps your body adapt to stress. Maca has been used for centuries to promote fertility and libido. It supports helps to balance hormones, support the adrenals and boost energy. Maca has been shown to increase sperm production and motility as well as egg production. All things that are super helpful in promoting fertility!
Cashews are actually seeds and have a powerful micro nutrient content. They are high in collagen, magnesium copper and calcium. Their high monounsaturated fat content keeps you feeling full longer.
Hemp Seeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, iron, zinc and vitamin E, all of which boost fertility. They have a delicious nutty flavour and are a great source of protein.
Cacao Powder is a great way to add a chocolately flavour to food without the added sugar. Not to be confused with cocoa powder. Raw cacao is made by cold-pressing un-roasted cacao beans. The process keeps the living enzymes. This tasty powder is high in antioxidants which help to protect eggs and sperm. Its also high in iron, calcium and magnesium.
Cinnamon help to balance blood sugar and regulate menstrual cycle.
Almond Butter is a great alternative to peanut butter. It is high in healthy fats and keeps you full longer. It is high in vitamin e, iron, potassium, biotin, magnesium, and zinc.
Coconut Flakes - yum! Coconut supports your thyroid and is a great source of healthy fats.
Vanilla Extract are pleasantly fragrant fruit pods obtained from the tropical climbing orchid. Vanilla helps with reduce inflammation. Inflammation has a big role in infertility so boosting antioxidants and noninflammatory foods are super important.
Dates are high in fiber and high in antioxidants. They are a GREAT natural sweetener and have a low glycemic index. Dates have been shown to help with labour as well so keep them handy.
You will probably see I mention healthy fats a lot! We need to forget the outdated nutrition advice that fats are bad. We NEED fats in our diet. They support healthy hormone function, taste delicious and make us feel fully longer. I recommend buying all the above ingredients organic and fair trade to support well paid farmers and organic agriculture.